Board of Trustees 2016-2017
The Board of Trustees, typically meeting three times during the academic year, is the oversight body of the school. It is responsible for the school’s financial stability, major changes in both the physical and program structure of the school, and long-range planning and goals. It establishes tuitions and makes decisions about faculty compensation. It also supervises the investment policy of the school’s endowment. Members, many of whom are parents of children currently or formerly enrolled in the school, represent several constituencies, including various components of Columbia University, including the Medical Center, and other early childhood schools. They are elected for three-year terms. The school’s director and the accountant serve as ex officio members of the Board; and the Director of Columbia University’s Work/Life Program attends at least one meeting per year. The Educational Consultant, although not a member, reports directly to the Board.
- Yolanda T. Davidson, Administrator, Schnider & Yoshina, Ltd. New York, NY
- Nancy Drescher, Director, The Family Annex, New York, NY
- Jay Dubner
- Candace J. Erickson, M.D., M.P.H., Developmental Pediatrician, New York, NY
- David Fidock, Associate Professor, Microbiology, Department of Medicine, Columbia University, New York, NY
- Prudence W. Fisher, Ph.D., Asst. Prof. of Clinical Psychiatric Social Work, NYS Psychiatric Institute, New York, NY, Secretary
- Howard E. Johnson, M.A., Director, The Medical Center Nursery School, New York, NY, ex officio
- Nicky Kram Rosen, Director of Achievement and Assessment, Children First Network 612/Cluster 6, New York, NY
- Mayra Marte-Miraz, B.A., Director of Operations, Department of Medicine, Columbia University, New York, NY, Treasurer
- Joan S. Mohr, M.A.
- Lauren Robertson, M.S., Pediatric Occupational Therapist, New York, NY, Vice-President
- Rachel Sherrow, Director of Programs, Citymeals on Wheels, New York, NY, President
- Marcella Wainwright, M.S.
- Frank S. Weiss, C.P.A., Certified Public Accountant, Private Practice, Great Neck, NY, ex officio